Nice work William, thanks for posting all this info. That issue with mounting the Mate 3 is just ridiculous, I totally agree they need to make an adapter to interface with regular boxes. They can sell it separately. In the 90s it was understood we had to fab our own solutions, but at this point in solar history, we really should have better off the shelf solutions for standard projects.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician