While I've been using the Zilla platform with an auger attachment for a
mini excavator with good luck. With that said I'm looking at Nuance Energy
and their Osprey mount which requires a hammer drill. Anyone tried this yet?

Christopher

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Jerry Shafer <jerrysgarag...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Chris
> Azk around for a fence contractor, they generally have what you need
> Jerry
>
> On Feb 9, 2018 5:05 AM, "Chris Mason" <cometenergysyst...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm taking on construction of a ground mount system of about 30KW. My
>> previous experience has entailed using a utility truck mounted auger for
>> the holes but that's expensive. The soil type here is fairly soft, not
>> rock.  There's no contractor available with a skid steer mounted auger. I
>> need at least four inch holes, three foot deep. Siz inch would be better.
>> What are the options? Any novel ideas?
>> We have a service truck with a 2 ton hydraulic crane, anything I can
>> mount to that? I don't mind fabricating brackets and mounts, welding parts
>> to it.
>>
>> --
>> Chris Mason
>> NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installerâ„¢
>> Solar Design Engineer
>> Generac Generators Industrial technician
>>
>> www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
>> 264.235.5670 <(264)%20235-5670>
>> 869.662.5670 <(869)%20662-5670>
>> Skype: netconcepts

>> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

>> List rules & etiquette:
>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> www.members.re-wrenches.org

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

Chris Schaefer’s
<http:www.solarandwindfx.com>

*Tel/Fax 585-229-2083 or Cell 585-748-1870 *
*5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York 14424**www.solarandwindfx.com
<http://www.solarandwindfx.com> ~ E-mail: ch...@solarandwindfx.com
<ch...@solarandwindfx.com>*

Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said,
"democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not."