From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> on behalf of
Daniel Young <dyo...@dovetailsolar.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 5:25:01 PM
To: 'RE-wrenches'
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Solar set backs

Hey Gary,

Ohio Fire Code does cover this. It’s a matter of if the Fire marshal in you
project area wants to waive or alter the requirements.

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/1301:7-7-06v1

Specifically 605.11.1.2 is for residential buildings. There is some conflict in
terms of Hip roofs in the code there. 605.11.1.2.2 states a single 3ft path on
one edge or another for a hip roof, but 605.11.1.2.4 states that an 18 space is
allowed when modules are mounted on two adjacent roof planes with a hip roof.

With Regards,

Daniel Young,

NABCEP Certified PV Installation ProfessionalTM: Cert #031508-90