What source are you all using for buss bars for these multiple battery
string set ups?

Christopher

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 2:16 PM, <t...@wagonmaker.com> wrote:

> Separate out the individual series strings and run each string to a buss
> bar setup.  Remember it isn't just resistance differences between batteries
> but resistance difference between cells as well.  In a setup like the
> existing one the resistance differences can really add up and if one
> battery fails the entire system will be offline.  Running each string to a
> positive and negative common buss bar means you can remove individual
> strings without disrupting the entire storage and the system can continue
> operating.  Also, it means the only resistance issues of substance are
> within individual series pairs not the entire interconnected bank.
>
> I ran 10 series pairs of 12v AGM batteries, each pair to a common buss and
> it was the longest lasting, most stable battery bank I had.  That was years
> ago and now it would require fusing each string but for longevity and
> stability it is the best bet.
>
> Tom
>
> On 2018-07-23 03:56, Dave Tedeyan wrote:
>
>> Since we are on the topic of bad battery practices...
>>
>> I may be fixing up a system that was both designed and installed very
>> poorly.
>> They have a 24V Outback VFXR inverter, and ten 12V AGM batteries wired
>> into
>> 5 parallel strings. I know that is a bad idea, but since they already
>> have the
>> equipment, are there any safety issues by re-using this equipment? It
>> is for a
>> grid tie battery backup system that will remain in float most of the
>> time. I assume
>> that the batteries will not last particularly long, but is there any
>> harm in using them
>> and then just getting new batteries once they fail?
>>
>> Stringing is shown in the attached picture.
>> Cheers,
>> Dave
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dave Tedeyan
>>
>> SENIOR ENGINEER
>>
>> TAITEM ENGINEERING, PC
>> 10 Verizon Lane, Lansing, NY 14882
>> Voice: (607) 930-3481 x6
>> www.taitem.com [1]
>>
>> Links:
>> ------
>> [1] http://www.taitem.com/
>>
>> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

>> List rules & etiquette:
>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> www.members.re-wrenches.org

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

Chris Schaefer’s
<http:www.solarandwindfx.com>

*Tel/Fax 585-229-2083 or Cell 585-748-1870 *
*5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York 14424**www.solarandwindfx.com
<http://www.solarandwindfx.com> ~ E-mail: ch...@solarandwindfx.com
<ch...@solarandwindfx.com>*

Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said,
"democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not."