It’s also worth mentioning SunDanzer; they has upright AC & DC fridges, plus
chest models. David Bergeron is very responsive & helpful.

While I agree w/ the advice for most people to go conventional & AC, there is
still a place for Sun Frost-like products. My SF RF-12 is still running from
1984, & a SunDanzer freezer for at least 10 years now. DC can still make sense
in specific applications, & then, some of us still don’t have an always-on
inverter… ;-)

Ian

> On Sep 9, 2018, at 4:10 PM, Rebekah Hren <rebekah.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know this isn't what Will is looking for, but just in case anyone still
> needs a 12/24vdc model frig, I got an ARB 60 qt at the beginning of the
> summer, and it's been a champ. Especially for mobile applications,  it
> doesn't need to be level.
>
> http://store.arbusa.com/Fridges-C11.aspx
> <http://store.arbusa.com/Fridges-C11.aspx>
>
> Temp setable from zero up,  I'm using it as a frig set at 33 degrees F. It's
> been in a hot van running all summer,  using about 100 to 150 watthrs per
> day, less than rated, pulls about 3 amps at 12 volts. I tested out deep
> freeze mode and it was closer to 400 wh/day, but starting with hot water and
> freezing it solid. I really like the design of the ARB too. It's got good
> dimensions for food and beverages.  90 beers!
>
> I've got a 24v Novakool at home that's been running solid for about 15 years.
> But when it putters off for good I'm replacing it with an ARB...
> Rebekah
>
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2018, 3:29 PM Dana <d...@solarwork.com
> <mailto:d...@solarwork.com>> wrote:
> Our last off grid ref was an LG @ 512 KWHR/year and the latest ref is an LG
>
> /icemaker [wahoo] @ 520 KWHR/year.
>
> Freezers are: Sears chest freezer with 2” of pink board foam glued to the top
> & a 16 CuFt Sunfrost 24 VDC on an Iota power supply.

> Dana Orzel                              Great Solar Works, Inc.
>
> C - 208.721.7003                       d...@solarwork.com
> <mailto:d...@solarwork.com>
> Idaho Contractor - # 028765         Idaho PV # 028374
>
> NABCEP # 051112-136                       www.solarwork.biz
> <http://www.solarwork.biz/>
> "Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"
>
> P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Ian Woofenden <ian.woofen...@homepower.com>
Senior Editor, Home Power magazine
Publishing Renewable Energy Information Since 1987
Print & Digital subscriptions: https://www.homepower.com/subscribe
Download a sample issue: http://www.homepower.com/sample