The single phase - 3phase change is too difficult and expensive.  Stay with
single phase.  I have done this successfully with a step up and down
transformer.  You, of course, need to select the correct transformer.
Transformers seem to have a price advantage using standard voltages.  For
example, starting at building 240 to 480 and then use 480-volt inverters.
This will require longer strings for the 480-volt single phase inverter.
 another way is to use 240 to 240-480-volt and carry a neutral.  then
select inverters that can operate with no neutral, I call them floating
output.  This cuts current in half, voltage drop or rise by 1/4 allowing
smaller wire.