Hello All; I would question the client about the origin of this battery
bank. New, used, how long in storage and in service, etc. If he bought
these new, that's a very expensive battery bank!

Usually when I've run into banks of massively parallel, low amp-hour sealed
lead acid batteries, the origin was "a great surplus deal on a whole bunch
of batteries from wheelchairs/UPS units/manufacturer overrun etc."

My BS meter on the manufacturer Batcap was triggered by a few things....

-The company is focused on selling audiophiles xxxscratch thatxxx punks
with car stereos so loud they set off car alarms 6 spots down. They need
lots of amps right now to thump that bass.

- The company name Batcap targets the capacitor boost market for this
application, but actually a dedicated battery is a great idea, as it would
recharge quickly from the (often up-sized) car alternator. But some folks
seem to think the name implies there's a capacitor involved. There isn't.
Sneaky language in the company name.

-  Sealed, low internal resistance, 100-125 amp-hours. Sounds like a stock
AGM to me, compared to a VRSLA.

- Spec sheet contains grammatical errors that indicate the writer does not
speak English as a first language.

- "Solar" seems to have been added to the website and battery label
stickers as an afterthought....and 30 years cycle life in a solar
application? Has Batcap been around for 30 years? Sounds like somebody
importing Asian AGMs and sticking them with new stickers.

DAN FINK
Buckville Energy Consulting, Box Prairie CO 970-672-4342