All;  I forgot to note that with the AGMs a full equalization that could
temporarily stave off problems across the massively paralleled
small-capacity batteries is not possible.

I would probably spend a couple hours, no more, load testing it while
watching on a thermal imager. I don't have the luxury of a Fluke battery
tester.

I would show the customer why it was designed incorrectly, show the test
results and FLIR photos, and walk away. I would never take on the job of
battery replacement in this situation....you will be the loser who "wrecked
his system."