Charge efficiency is really low,  Charging parameters can be hard to get right, Voltage is not stable under heavy loads, and they are really expensive to boot.  I've never sold them for these reasons, but I have replaced some sets that customers were unhappy with.  They seem to work OK, only if there are no large surge loads, and the battery and array are sized large enough. Unfortunately because of the cost, folks seem to really under size them, which only exasperates the above issues.

There's good reasons this old battery chemistry has not been widely adopted by the solar industry.  It does have its place, and I understand the train industry uses it because A) they have cheap on grid charging available, so efficiency doesn't matter, and B) they have telecomm type loads with very little surge.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760