Hi Mac,
I have a very similar issue to yours with a customer’s remote cabin and the
need to be able to monitor and change settings remotely. I installed my first
Gateway with a brand new Conext 4048 and an MPPT-150 controller and I’m having
the exact same trouble and am getting the same error message. Before
installation, I actually thought I had verified that I could make settings
changes through the internet on a bench test using the admin password, etc,
however, once the system was installed I haven’t been able to get it to work
despite verifying my passwords and making a long trip for a return visit to the
site.

Perhaps someone else has some insight?
I’m glad to know that this may be a larger issue.

-Luke

Luke Christy