Friends:

I am hoping y’all can tell me I am doing something wrong with my
arithmetic.  I have registered to purchase Blue Planet batteries and priced
the product.  I come up with math that indicates that comparing usable
amp/hours to usable amp/hours, that the Blue Planet is 5 times the cost of
a flooded L-16 battery array on a cost per kilowatt/hour.  Can this be true?

I am using these parameters:

1.   DOD for flooded L16s: 50%

2.   DOD for Blue Planet: 100%

I hope I am wrong.

Also, we often install battery arrays that are upwards of 4,000 AH.  For
example, we installed 5,668 of East Penn flooded batteries on a couple of
projects.  To acquire the same capacity in Blue Planet would require 9
cabinets (again 50% DOD versus 100% DOD).  Is this correct design?  Is it
practical to install 9 cabinets?  Does the system detect and compensate for
circulating currents in this many parallel strings?

Thanks in advance.

William Miller