Hi Bill -

I completely agree with your statement about all off-grid applications.
Most if not all need generators. And, I do think there are some grid tied
applications where generators make sense too, especially for folks who live
way out in the woods as you mention. I was speaking about the mass market
in CA in cities or towns where the grid is typically fairly reliable. If
you install four Powerwalls, for example, you have up to 54 kWh of storage
available. There are applications where generators make sense, and all
these fires and smoke and heat waves prove the point. I think AC is
critical for some parts of the country, and energy storage + PV alone just
won't cut it for those critical applications.

But, yes, good point.

August