Check out Wildcat Generators, hand built in Kansas.
I just placed my first order for one. 10KW LPG 1800RPM liquid cooled, built
to run 24/7. They even make a DC (battery direct) generator.
You can purchase through a master dealer in the Reno Nevada area, Freds
Mountain Electric:

https://fredsmountain.com/

https://wildcatpowergen.com/

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 3:37 PM Sindelar Solar <al...@sindelarsolar.com>
wrote:

> Wrenches,
> Generators have become a moving target, especially for off grid
> applications. Most are set up for grid backup, and I'm assuming that many
> may simply be unavailable, given that half of most everything else is on
> back-order with no expected delivery date... I'm seldom asked to recommend
> a generator these days, but I am today, so I'm requesting recommendations
> from other off grid-savvy Wrenches, please.
>
> I'm working with an older (2014?) existing dual Outback VFX3524 system
> which will be upgraded to dual VFXR-3648s to work with a 16kW Blue Ion LiFP
> battery bank; 4kW array with upgrade infrastructure in place to later add
> 2kW more if needed. Once the upgrade is done I expect relatively little
> generator runtime. The customer would prefer LP fuel and 2-wire start (for
> remote control). Pretty much any well-regarded model in the 8-14 kW @240
> VAC rating range could work.
>
> Thank you for your suggestions!
> Allan
> --
>
> *Allan Sindelar*
> al...@sindelarsolar.com
> NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional
> New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
> Founder (Retired), Positive Energy, Inc.
> *505 780-2738 cell*

> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:

Michael D Nelson