Allan,
I would not hesitate to use either the Kohler 12RES or the 14RES.
I have many of the 14RES units out in the field and to this date they have been
the most consistently reliable generators out of the various brands I’ve used
over the years (Generac, Cummins-Onan and others). Several customers with 14RES
units  have over 2000 hrs, and one 14RES in a very particular situation that
demand high runtime has just clocked 5,000 hours with no major repairs. For a
genset powered by a 3600 rpm engine I find that amazing. Anyway, just my two
cents. I don’t think you’ll go too far wrong with Kohler.

Luke Christy

Renewable energy consultant.

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™:

Solar Gain Services, LLC
PO Box 531
Monte Vista, CO. 81144
sgsrenewab...@gmail.com <mailto:sgsrenewab...@gmail.com>