Wrenches,

I have a customer with a very old 24v off grid pv system.  He wants to
upgrade his array, inverter and battery bank.  There are no options for
inverter/chargers over 4000 watts in 24v dc.  The same goes for lithium
iron batteries.  Everything (of higher wattage and battery capacity) seems
to be in 48v only now.  If going to 48 volts how do I acomodate the few but
important 24v DC loads in the home.  Is a 48v to 24v step down converter
the best option?  What do you think? Any help would be appreciated.  Thank
you.

Aaron Mandelkorn
President / Founder
Renewable Energy Outfitters