I am pushing for 48v.  The main concern with doing so are how to best
continue to provide 24v power to the 23v circuits.  Now I am thinking
rather than using a dc stepdown converter, I could potentially use 24v
batteries in series/parallel and power the loads directly off of the
battery.  Not sure how this would throw off the electrical balance of the
battery.  Thanks all.  I appreciate help and direction with this.  Looks
like there are a few options for me to consider.

Aaron Mandelkorn
President / Founder
Renewable Energy Outfitters
www.reosolar.com