"YY" prefix comes from yacc-family parser generators.
re2c is often used in pair with these parser generators,
so there's a possibility of name collisions.

New input API <http://skvadrik.github.io/aleph_null/posts/re2c/2015-01-13-input_model.html>will introduce some new user-exposed names.
At first I suggested these names:

   YYPEEK
   YYSKIP
   YYBACKUP
   YYBACKUPCTX
   YYRESTORE
   YYRESTORECTX
   YYHAS

   RE2C_PEEK
   RE2C_SKIP
   RE2C_BACKUP
   RE2C_BACKUP_CTX
   RE2C_RESTORE
   RE2C_RESTORE_CTX
   RE2C_HAS

It's clear that "RE2C_" has always been a proper prefix.
Breaking backward compatibility is bad, but we'll have to
do it at some point. In a rapidly developing project I would
first add a switch "--new-names" and after some two releases
(when everybody migrates successfully) substitute is with
"--old-names", but re2c users show up too rarely and the
usual migrating scheme makes no sense.

Note that re2c users will have to either use switch "--old-names"
(and modify build scripts) or make a trivial fix of source code,
but not both.