> Sorry, I don't quite understand, do you need re2c to compile PCC, or PCC
> to compile re2c?

Both. As they put it on the pcc website, its a wrapper for lex and yacc.
re2c fills the need for the lex. I think they over simplified pcc by
calling it a wrapper however. I'm testing different lex's and yacc's mostly
to see if it resolves my issue with the musl-libc being corrupted by pcc
but also to make a more informed decision on what i would prefer for my
project.

> > If your interested i can send what ever details you want, I can also
> > upload a initrd of the system im using, its about 50 ish MB in all. I
> > recently started hosting this little project at sourceforge, Absentos.
> It would be great if you could tell me exactly what you're trying to do
> with re2c, step by step. Then I might be able to help. :)

yea sure, Im using re2c to fill the lex requirement for my minimal build
environment.

My build environment is composed of busybox, binutils, make, pcc, musl-libc
byacc, and a lex (flex or re2c thus far)

This initial environment is compiled on a standard debian system using gcc
glibc and binutils as static binaries and made into a initrd so i can boot
it. From the initrd i rebuild the environment and when it reaches pcc i get
the error from the makefile. Its worth noting however that by the time i
have reached the pcc error i have already sucessfully recompiled binutils,
make, musl-libc and byacc.

I attached the makefile from pcc/cc/ccom  from both flex and re2c builds
that causes the error as well as a make output from a re2c build. one thing
i noticed from a flex build is that when flex is used LEX_OUTPUT_ROOT =
lex.yy but if re2c is used its blank as you see in the attached files.

let me know if you want anything.

thanks,
stephen