On Mar 11, 2015 5:07 AM, "Ulya Fokanova" <skvad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Aha, now I see.
>
> First, you cannot use re2c and lex/flex interchangeably: re2c's API is
> very different to that of lex/flex. re2c is more flexible, but the
> programmer has to write interface code (input buffer management, etc.)
> manually. In principle you can rewrite pcc to use re2c instead of
> lex/flex, but that wouldn't be straightforward.
>
> Second, if pcc (build with lex) is broken, it seems unlikely that lex
> (or yacc) is to blame. I'd rather suppose it's pcc's bug (at least you
> can report it :) ). Why do you think lex is faulty?
>
> Ulya

It was more of trying to be thorough while waiting for pcc to respond. Im
fairly sure its a error in the table or translation file, what ever that is
called.

And I have to say that you cut it short. Re2c works remarkably well as a
drop in replacement for this purpose! Apparently the bit that stopped the
compile was that pcc couldnt detect the output file? And this was implied
to be the way re2c responded though I dont know the specifics yet.
Otherwise it appears to have worked as well as flex.