John Cowan:
> Dude, you have a hold of the Tar Baby here. R6RS and R7RS libraries
> can't be the result of a macro, neither as a whole nor in part. All
> you've done is trade off one set of portability breakers for another.

Ugh.  In that case, maybe we should just drop the
"readable-kernel-module-contents"
macro altogether, and just write straight code with weird names to
reduce possible namespace problems.
We can include cond-expand guile magic so that it works as-is as a guile module.

Alan: Any objections?

John: I take it that prefixed "%" is a universally-portable indicator we
can use for "internal" names?

> Adapting it to X Scheme's
> notion of a module should be left to X Scheme experts.

The notion that you have to be an "X Scheme expert"
to merely define or use a module is absurdly broken.

Here's to hoping that R7RS library module notation gets
universally implemented, and quickly, so that such
nonsense can go to the dustbin of history.

> This is what I've been doing with my SRFI implementations: plain
> code, plus a shim file to add stuff from R7RS-small that I need,
> plus modules for Chicken (R5RS-plus) and Chibi (R7RS), both of which
 > fortunately support "include". Yes, it's more complex to use than one
> all-singing-all-dancing file. But it's much easier to port, even if it
> does less of the work for you.

How about cond-expands at the beginning to handle much of the shimming,
followed by clean code, and separate files to create modules and include them?
That should be fairly widely available (I hope!).

--- David A. Wheeler