Charles,

Forgive me as it was rude of me to say that. I have been working on the code and your comment about me having other write it for me was a bit much and that is why I said what I did to you.

Now, I have it corrected as with the help from you and Joe Strout.

Here is what I have so far.

 // Write User/Password Code to text file
 Dim strout As TextOutputStream
 Dim f As FolderItem
 Dim userPassword as String
 f = GetFolderItem("PatientLog_UPC.ini")
 if f.exists then f.Delete
 if userPassword1.text = userPassword2.text then
   userPassword = userPassword1.text
   strout = f.CreateTextFile
   strout.WriteLine userName.text
   strout.WriteLine MD5(userPassword)
   strout.Close
MsgBox("The User's Name and Password has been saved. Please press 'OK' to continue...")
 else
MsgBox("The Passwords entered are NOT the same. Re-Enter the User's Passwords again." + EndOfLine+ EndOfLine + "Please press 'OK' to continue...")
 end if

I added a second password entery field to check if the password was entered in correctly.

 // Read User/Password Code from text file
 Dim strin As TextInputStream
 Dim f As FolderItem
 Dim userName, userPassword as String
 f = GetFolderItem("PatientLog_UPC.ini")
 If f.exists and f <> Nil  then
   strin = f.OpenAsTextFile
   userName = strin.ReadLine
   userPassword = strin.ReadLine
   strin.Close
 end if
 if uName.text = UserName and uPassword.text = userPassword then

 else
MsgBox("The User's Name and/or Password are NOT listed as users on this system. Either re-try entering the User Name and Password or create a NEW User." + EndOfLine+ EndOfLine + "Please press 'OK' to continue...")
 end

Ok, on the SAVE password, I have fixed the issue Joe had mentioned by using a seperate String for the password. I have tried this and it does not work, so I am not doing something right.

Anyway, Charles, thank you for your support and help on this and otehr porjects I have worked on in the past.

Jonathon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathon Bevar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>