<< Personally, I can say that HTML-formatted mail also has many advantages.  I
 do not wish to elaborate them here for various reasons.  However, I was
 very surprised at the lack of appreciation by a technical group.  Most
 importantly, I think we in the Linux community need to keep our eye on the
 future -- whatever that may be.  Simply closing the door on HTML-formatted
 email just because "people don't know how to communicate anymore" is not an
 answer that will likely lead to improvements as individuals or a community.

Ditto