At 08:15 6/17/98 -0600, James Boorn wrote:
>Maybe I am just dense, so please enlighten me.  What problem does HTML
>email solve?  I see no reason for it, and am one of those that just
>deletes it.  But maybe if I knew the problem it solved I'ld be willing to
>consider it a solution.

HTML can serve as a common platform-independant document format. So anytime
it would be appropriate to send an attached document via email, HTML may be
able to suffice.

I know that postscript and PDF are available, but not many DOS/Win users
have a postscript viewer. And how many people on any platform have the
tools to create PDF documents? HTML tools are more common and even those
whose mail readers don't directly support it can read the document with
another tool they have available (i.e., a browser).

This scenario is much more likely in an organizational environment than on
open mailing lists.

 Tony

 --
 Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>