Thanks for your reply. When I deleted the hda1 partition through
Linux's fdisk, I did not create any new partition on those sectors.
My new partition table looks like the following:

Original partition (before using fdisk):

Dev.           Boot    Begin   Start   End             Blocks
         Id      System
/tmp/hda1      *      1           1        616              2483680+
    b       Unknown
/tmp/hda2              617       617    786              685440
        b      Unknown

New partition table looks like the following:

Dev.           Boot    Begin   Start   End             Blocks
         Id      System
/tmp/hda2              617      617     624              32256
         82       Linux swap
/tmp/hda3              625      625    636              48384
          83       Linux native
/tmp/hda4              637      637    786              604800
         83      Linux native

So basically I have repartitioned hda2. Do you think win95 on hda1 is
lost?

Thanks

Jay