Alan D Glick wrote:

>     My point as stated here was simply that the interment was a logical move
> based solely on security concerns.  It was not the result of racism.  It was
> the result of Pearl Harbor.  No such interment would have occurred had we
> not been at war with Japan.

As I posted elsewhere, the action of the Canadian government on internment was
ultimately considered
racially motivated. Is it not logical to expect that there was some racial
consideration in the US
actions? Admittedly, it was the US that was attacked and more extreme action may have
been expected
but to say that racism wasn't part of the mix is too simplistic. I'm sure if all the
documents of
the period were examined, racial motivation would be uncovered along with others.

Scotty Henderson