On 8/8/05, David Masover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >     I would definitely give $25 for the repacker, which is the
> > mandatory  condition to get the resizer. How many people would give $25
> > too ? why not  do a little fundraising ?
> I would give $25 before it is done, only if it will be F/OSS.  I would
> give $25 _after_ it's done to get my own personal, proprietary copy.

If you saw in the other e-mail... Hans said Resizer/Repacker (both or
just one or the other, I don't know...) could be done for $90k ($90
000 USD, I interpret this?).  [Plus 5% of disk drive hardware costs...
whatever that could possibly be.]

Assuming we went the Paypal route via Fundable.org and the money went
straight to a Namesys Paypal Merchant account; we'd need $ 92024.84
USD before the 2.2% and $.30 USD deduction.  Assuming that every
person donated $25 (which will obviously not be the case; some will
donate more; some might less if we have to scrounge around, which we
might) ; we'd need about 3681 people to donate.

Assuming we went third-party before Namesys, and that money went from
a third-party's Paypal account to Namesys, we'd need to charge the
fees twice... a minimum of $94095.23 USD would be required; requiring
a minimum of 3764 donators at $25 apiece.

At this rate, and considering potential insecurities with Paypal,
obviously, another method would be necessary... but the funds are
still substansial at this point; even 3600 donators at $25 apiece
[inferring that there is no cost to transfer the money to Namesys]
would be hard to find.

[ATM, I don't even have $25 myself to fund such a venture, although I
would love the product.]

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents