On 9/28/05, Hans Reiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Check out the latest cfq in the latest kernel, it is much better than
> the others for most applications.  Anticipatory used to be the best, but
> cfq-3 is better now.

Yes I always had my eyes on the applicable parts of -ck patchset
becasue they showed good promise ( upto my limited understading ). I
just needed an educated opinion. Thanks.

And  I had to drop using the genetic-as because it oopsed with
reiserfs in some kernels.

Problem is lots of experimental patches in -mm series hurt throughput
and performance and reiser4 users have to suffer. Otherwise we have to
go through the slightly non-trivial procedure of patching the vanilla
kernel.