I suppose that Jon's is the 64 billion dollar question. I think the answer
would depend on the degree to which the single payer system was exclusive. If
one could still purchase supplemental coverage (for heart transplants, say),
then I assume the US could treat abortion as special. But if single-payer
really did in all private insurance, then I assume that abortion would have to
be covered.

Sandy

Sent from my iPhone