Use a butt set and ring out the lines - you should hear your audio going
in and out from the unit. Of course without manuals for each layer of
components you are going to be doing a lot of guessing what they really
are for, and troubleshooting will be very embarrasing.

Robert Purvis VE3INY wrote:

> Our factory has a Motorola People Finder paging terminal,  connected to an
> MSR2000 repeater about 2000 feet away.
>
> The cable from the back of the paging terminal disappears into a conduit in
> the front office.  Wires exiting a similar conduit in the repeater room are
> connected to the MSR2000.
>
> The cable exiting the conduit in the repeater room is different make and
> gauge,  so I'm assuming a junction box somewhere in between.
>
> The original installer used MSR2000 disc. in,  tx. in, ptt, cor, ground and
> a connection to backplane (exciter) J102 pin 15.
>
> Am I to assume the output signals from the People Finder terminal are
> analog,  and connect direct to the MSR ?  Or are the output signals from the
> People Finder digital,  connecting to an interface somewhere before
> connecting to the MSR ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  I can't get a service guy in until next
> week,  and we need system up and running tomorrow.  Don't seem to be getting
> correct signals from People Finder thru to the repeater.
>
> Best regards,  Bob VE3INY

73...Clark Beckman N8PZD

Pursuant to U.S. Code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, ß227,
"Any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee of $500.00 U.S.".
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.