Coat the part where the wire goes inside if it is a crimp on connector,
this is probably where the most cupric oxide has formed if this is the
method used to build your system. The better you can seal out the air
the longer it will last without oxidizing, if you are going to make new
connections to the wires like replace the end, put vaseline inside
before you crimp - this makes a good air seal, the condom gives some
physical protection and when someone opens the cover they will probably
begin to luagh and you will know who your unpaid apprentice is quickly.

Tim Shephard wrote:

> These are not car type batteries.  They have a bolt through terminal with a
> lug for the wire connection.
>
> So, am I to take the lug off and clean it with a toothbrush and baking
> soda/water solution, then lightly coat the entire terminal (even where it
> makes contact with the battery post), and the battery post with the
> petroleum jelly?
>
> Next after reassembled, coat the entire terminal/post with more jelly?
>
> Just making sure I got this right.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Tim

Pursuant to U.S. Code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, ß227,
"Any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee of $500.00 U.S.".
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: