At 05:39 AM 1/27/04 +0000, you wrote:

>I'm sure this has been discussed before but what are your thoughts
>about a good quality base station dual band (2/440) antenna's? I
>know I can get the Diamond / Comet but was woundering if there's
>anything out there in the commercial world.
>
>Thanks......

I've seen several situations where a 8-pole dual band antenna was
built by taking a VHF 4-pole and a UHF 4-pole and mounting both
on one mast (UHF on top), and either using two feedlines or a
TX-RX diplexer into one feedline.

One "gotcha" - watch out for the 3rd harmonic of the VHF TX
landing on the UHF input, and watch the VHF RX freq if the
UHF TX uses a tripler as the final multiplier.  I was told about
one system by the owner where he claimed to have to add a
UHF notch cavity to the VHF TX line to notch out a harmonic...
he referred to it as a "suck-out" cavity.

Mike WA6ILQ

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: