>Brad,
>
>I too have a Sinclair Q2220 duplexer with a mastr exec II and it does not work
>very well at the 50 watts I am running.  Like Mr. Lemmon said, if I were
>running 10 watts, it would probably work okay, but I'm not so it doesn't.
>Good thing I have other receivers, or the repeater wouldn't work very well at
>all.  One day I'll get something different, but for now this is what I have to
>work with.  I wish I had done the math...
>
>73
>Robert

No need to get rid of the duplexer; just add a pass cavity to your TX.  A 11"
dia. 1/4 wave pass cavity with 0.5 dB loops will have around 17 dB of rejection
@ 600 kHz from resonance.  That should knock the TX noise down enough to
eliminate your desense.

70 dB of TX freq. suppression on the RX leg of the duplexer should be just
enough for any decent RX.

Bob NO6B

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: