I remember diversity reception on HF radio systems a few years ago
 using R390A receivers by tying the AGC busses together.  While I
 now have several acres of property available to me these days, I am
 not really interested in getting back into that again.

  Is not quite so simple using the current generation of UHF FM
 receivers.  May be one of the reasons I still have a few of the
 slightly earlier generation of UHF FM receivers in the garage?

  I can theorize on my approach to the problem though.

  Back in the late sixties, I worked for a company whose design
 engineer had a slightly modified ARC-5 receiver in his car on the
 AM broadcast band using an IF strip with 120-130 dB AGC controlled
 dynamic gain.  No matter where he drove, the audio output of the
 receiver wouldn't change.

  In a design he made for that company, the company manufactured
 receiver had four channels - each with the basic 120-130 dB AGC
 controlled dynamic gain IF.

  One of the lurkers on here may remember those days.

  One of my file cabinets in my seemingly never ending garage still
 has a copy of that IF strip design.

  Neil - WA6KLA