--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Davies, Doug A FOR:EX"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have been having a heck of a time getting my Q202G to tune to
146.xxx......

Doug....I share your grief!  I'm also on 146.775...However, I found
out something today!  This is a kinda long story so bear with me.

I also have this flavor duplexer...orig. tuned to prolly 160 or so.
When I purchased it, it wouldn't tune like you say.  I ended up
replacing the interconnect cables using the 1/4 wave formula (6
cables to make...about 13" or so long each I think).  Well, it still
wouldn't tune right...the notch wouldn't do right.  I don't have any
fancy tuning equipment so I was trying to rough it in with 2 service
monitors and a dummy load.  Anyway, after even a motorola guy with a
tracking generator couldn't get it to work I almost gave up.  Today
I said heck, I'm gonna try something else.  I removed the "new"
cables on the high pass side and replaced them with the "old" cables
which were about 2 or 3 inches shorter than the ones I made.  Well,
son of a gun (actually I said something else), I was able to notch
out on that side now!  The low pass side notched ok with the new
cables.  Now bear in mind, I've not put this on any kind of a
spectrum analyzer or tracking generator to fine tune it so I know it
can do a whole bunch better, but before I was running out of tuning
space on the notch tube (hell, I don't know what to call it) and now
I have a bit to play with.  Where I wasn't able to talk using a
handheld 2 or so miles away without the repeater cycling on/off
on/off on/off....now I can talk about 5 miles away with the same
handheld on low power and mobile use has been extended from about 6
miles to roughly 15-18 miles with no cycling at all.(my mobile only
has a 1/4 wave antenna tuned to 160 mhz so it's not optimized for 2
meters) and my repeater site ain't very high so ya'll don't laugh,
but it's free!!!!

I don't know if this makes any sense....actually it doesn't to
me...LOL...but all I know is that I now can use my repeater where it
was "brain dead" before.

I'm not a repeater "guru" by no means and prolly my descriptions and
stuff don't make a lot of sense, but I thought maybe my experience
might be of help.

Bob, GMRS WPVV845, Amateur KG4WAD, LMRS WPXC892