At 09:07 AM 3/30/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>The voltage at the tap point is about 7 volts, when keyed it drops to about
>.5 volts, just not enough to get it to key the controller.  I looked for
>other sources in the radio, nothing would drop to zero volts.

<---I'm surprised your controller doesn't recognize .5 volts as a logic
low. Actually the chances of finding a point in the receiver that drops to
exactly zero is pretty slim, as a bipolar transistor which is full
saturated, will still have a .6 volt drop across it.

What you could try is a pull down resistor (from the COS wire connected to
the controller to ground) and see if you can pull the low level down enough
for the controller to recognize. You might start with a 10K and work your
way down. Of course if the squelch in the radio stops working, you've
probably gone too low a value :-)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net