Hi guys .I am sorry i haven't returned any messages as my internet
email sever has stuffed up and i haven't received any messages for 2
days or more .it is just i checked up on the builder website to see
the messages i have missed.Thanks to all that replied .The db
comparrison is being asked as i have 6db antennas on each of my
470meg repeaters and they aren't getting any real distance over flat
country .we had 12 db coaxial antennas on our local uhf repeater and
then changed them to what was called coppercore antenas and we made a
huge difference to our long distance coverage .The range of the 6db
isn't bad but we wanted to pick up another 20-50kms at least and
installing linears on the site wont benifit as it wont improve rx
range without rx masthead amps so the better sugestion was to install
higher gain antenas .the sites would be able to be upgraded to 12 db
antenas if we can find a supplier .the highest we have found is 9db .
but i will certainly take all sugestions into consideration.thank you

Thank you
Ian Wells
Kerinvale Comaudio
mail service 1017,