I also, have sent an article to Mike for the Repeater-Builders web site,
only to wait for it to appear. (I'm still waiting...)  I'm almost ready to
send it to someone else.

-----Original Message-----
From: motarolla_doctor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 5:17 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: UHF GM300 (lnk radio)

 Mike WA6ILQ >
wrote:

> Modifying a Maxtrac-family radio for low power out might
> make a good article for repeater-builder.

Mike, You have NOT answered any of our e-mails. I sent you this very
same information, along with other related info for the rptr builders
site.

The Maxtrac/Radius line had a LPI version in VHF and UHF, usally the 2
to 10 watt version. I have also seen a 1 to 6 watt UHF PA for them.
The Mostar, and German Maxtrac have simmular PA stages.

I have the schematics for the 2 to 10 watt versions. As Keven said
here, removing a couple of stages by bypassing arround the driver and
output stage is what is needed. The transmitter PA's get really hot
even when "turned down" because the stages draw excess DC current. The
transistors are not designed to run in that part of the curve, and
become very in-effisient.

MIKE, please meet me this week end at The Big Yard sale.........