--- In [email protected], Mr John Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>
> It turned out that the mix was coming from a nearby
> tower that had 3 rusty guy anchors. This was a 120 Ft
> tower that was 200 Ft away. I solved the problem by
> putting in jumper wires attached with cable clamps
> from each of the guy wire to ground which bypassed the
> rusty guy wire combing plate.
And I might add that intermod can be produced at nice-looking
galvanized places too. I've traced 2A-B FM station intermod to the
piece of guy wire that tower riggers run through the turnbuckles to
keep them from rotating. The wires of course just barely touch the
turnbuckles in areas as they pass through. Solution is to isolate
them with short pieces of plastic wire insulation.
Laryn K8TVZ
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/