-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: October 19, 2004 13:05
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] GE VHF Cavity identification

>I'm wondering if these are notch or pass/reject or whatever cavities<

Dave.

Since it has two connectors, one each on opposite sides, my bet would be
that it is a band-pass cavity.  To make a duplexer with band-pass cavities
for a 2 meter repeater is nearly impossible.  The split of 600 kHz is too
close.  If you have enough of them you could make one by using two in reject
mode and one in band-pass mode in each leg of the duplexer.

Put a "T" connector on one side and leave the other side unused.  This way u
can use it as a reject cavity.  Will they tune up to 146 MHz is the question
too.

Tony VE3DI

---