-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Paul Kelley
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 10:32 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] antenna's

Good answer Mike, but I think you made a typo below...

If the antennas are 50 ohms and you feed them with odd
quarter waves of 75 ohm coax, the impedance is transformed
to 100 ohms... divided by 2 at the T connector is 50 ohms,
not 37.5.

In theory I agree with the comment about not moving too far
from the design frequency, but in practice I suspect it
will be a little more forgiving.  I have built phasing
harnesses this way for 2 and 4 dipole arrays (base /
repeater antenna) and they cover a fairly wide range before
the impedance gets out of hand.  BUT, the bandwidth of the
antennas themselves will be a BIG factor here...

Paul  N1BUG