At 5/31/2005 02:48 PM, you wrote:
>The only radio I have encountered that does split CTCSS is the Radio
>Shack HT-202.  But there are so many other problems with the radio I
>cannot recommend it.

What problems?  Only one I noticed was on an HTX-404 (440 version) I was
testing as a swap meet a few years ago.  The CTCSS decoder seemed to need a
full 600 Hz of deviation in order to decode.  Never figured out if this is
endemic to all 404s or just that one.

BTW, we should all complain to the "big three" radio manufacturers (Yaesu,
Kenwood & Icom) to get them to offer this feature in their radios.  AFAICT
it's a near zero-cost addition, since it only requires a firmware change to
implement.  This is what I spent an hour doing while at Dayton.  The
Kenwood & Yaesu reps were receptive of the input & one said he would relay
the request back to the factory.

Bob NO6B