At 11:33 AM 7/2/2005, Paul Kelley wrote:
>Thanks Glenn.
>
>When I first noticed the 910 kHz relationship, 455 IF was
>the first thing that popped into my mind... until I
>realized the Micor doesn't have a 455 kHz IF.  Darn,
>another good theory ruined...
>
>Since I have 3 similar radios exhibiting exactly the same
>problem I am thinking this may be an inherent design vs.
>application problem.  Motorola never intended these radios
>to transmit below the receive frequency, nor were they
>intended for use below 450 MHz.  But if it is, I was hoping
>others would step forward and verify that.  Surely I
>couldn't be the first to discover it.  If I could verify
>it's the nature of the beast, at least I would know I'm not
>going to cure it.

Have you tried readjusting the PLL??

I saw something similar-ish in a Kenwood transmitter, that output
nicely on 146.73 and on 120.1
Granted that's a lot farther than your problem, but it turned out
that the PLL adjustment had drifted significantly in the first 6
months of use, and it was unlocking. The radio didn't detect this and
shut down like it should, it just sat there hopping between frequencies.