In my opinion, you should have started with International Crystal
 ... they may be more expensive but you would have been ahead by now
 instead of starting over each time.

Ronnie & Steve Rice wrote:

> Hmmm Seems I am batting 1000 on crystals for my Micor Transmitter
> from JAN. First crystal was low in Freq. and Now the Second is as
> well.

  Welcome to Jan ...

> I am not sure if there could be a reason other then they are cut
> wrong as I have done the following to check different things
> 1. Checked voltages to elements. No Change or Problem
> 2. Checked for Element problem by exchanging crystal into another
> element. No change
> 3. Checked transmitter by using old crystal in element ( On Freq.)
> 4. Turned off PL and zeroed deviation.( no change)
> 5 Checked that only one Channel element freq. is selected.
> Did I miss anything? I know , next time buy from Bomar or IC.

  Thank you ...  :)

> Well that may happen if they can't figure out the problem. I
> figure I could remove some capacitance from the circuit but
> that may make the element unstable and I don't need frequency
> drift!

  Drift?  You can't get it on frequency.

  Perhaps you could get it to drift by your frequency.  Did I say that?

> Well, done venting,if anyone thinks of something to check let me
> know. Thanks Steve

  International Crystal Mfg. Co., Inc.   1-405-236-3741

  Hope this helps,

  Neil - WA6KLA