I was under the impression that the payment was to keep the system
alive.  I don't know about Denmark specifically, but in Europe the
cost of net bandwidth is rather higher than in the US.  Those dollars
the site is getting are, I think, going to keep the place running.

I understand the idea of everyone grabbing a few files such that
collectively, 'we' have them all, but in the US copyright issues are
a thorny issue.  *Every* file there should be assumed to have a
copyright, and if the document in question does not specifically
say that its OK to post it, it is NOT a good idea to take it and post
it elsewhere.  This of course does not apply to anything that says
it has been placed in the Public Domain, but even then, I know
a lawyer who dealt with a case of a file that said it was PD when
in fact it was not.

In order to create a new site, it is very advisable to contact every
author and get their permission for posting, and also to have
them put their license in the file at the header.  If you can't
get ahold of the author, it shoudn't go on the site.  Anything
written by someone now dead is still copyrghted by their
estate, or can be.  Failure to heed stuff like this can result
in a "DMCA take down notice"

The DMCA is the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.  If you want
to be nauseated, read it.  I'm not a lawyer but I've dealt with
stuff like this on the net before.  I will shut up now.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82