On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Kevin & Natalia wrote:
> These are 2volt cells, 460amp/hr over 10hrs. What is written on them So
> we have 6 cells connected together to give 12volts.

I came up with some contrived math and seems like it ought to work, but I
have no idea if my ideas are right. If we take a battery that is putting
out 7A per hour over 14 hours, that's 7A*12V = 84W, then 84W*14hr to get
1.176kW/hr. If we divide that 1.176kW/hr (basically, some idea as to the
total storage capacity of the battery over time) by 24 hours, we can draw
49W per hour to totally discharge the battery in 24 hours. That's 4.08A
per hour.

Now, applying that math to the big battery listed above, we get...

460A * 12V = 5,520 W per hour for 10 hours
5,520W * 10h = 55.2kW/hr
55.2kW/hr divided by 24 hours = 2300W
2300W / 12V = 191A per hour for 24 hours to depletion.

Ok... trying that from a different angle...

10A * 12V = 120W
55.2kW/hr divided by 120W = 460 hours.
460 h divided by 24 hours = 19.167 days
19.167 days divided by 7 days = 2.738 weeks.

> As a rough caculation, I am guessing the batteries should last for around
> 400+ hours.

You really want to be more specific as to which week it will fail? ;-)

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                       "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"