Good thinking Bob, I will look in to it. Do you have a schematic or
the model number of the squelch you were working with?

 A couple of friends in Erie were recently pulling their hair out with
a COR-2 by VHF engineering. That needed a serious redesign, not having
a pull-up resistor on the RX board was and the of the COR input
transistor not having a resistor in the base come to mind.

I would think ringing would be a problem with passive components Like
L/C filters. But it may exist in a low quality op-amp that is not
designed with a wide bandwidth. I believe the LM324 series is only
rated for 12kHz of bandwidth, the TL084 is about 3MHz.

I am not even sure if I can simulate impulse noise. But in theory we
can write a software algorithim to look for a patterned pulse and
attempt to compenstate.

I should mention I have a preliminary schematic in the files section
as well should anyone care to offer suggestions or modifications.