All,

Over the years I have observed many destroyed Mini-UHF jacks. Most failures
were caused by using a Mini-UHF to UHF or N adapter that are about ¾ to 1.5
inches long.

These adapters place a tremendous amount of strain on the jack. Most of them
will work themselves loose and start chewing the teeth off of the jacks.
Mother M makes an adapter cable that has a Mini-UHF male with a short (6
inch) length of RG58U/A cable to a UHF female connector. This would allow a
installation that could have the jumper tied up and supported in such a
manner to relieve any strain on the jack. I have even used a male Mini-UHF
male and a short run of cable to adapt large hard-line cables to a UHF link
radio that had a antenna at the 300 ft level of a tower. Worked like a
charm……

Respectfully

WA9NE