You'd absolutely, ABSOLUTELY limit the energy you emit (the frequency converted
input signal) to fit within the allowable "channel" you're repeater/transponder
is coordinated.  That's no different with the FM brand of repeater.  You're
responsible for your output.  The IF is where you'd probably want to limit the
frequency "excursions" of the input signal.  We do that now.  If the user's off
frequency, part of their energy is clipped off by the filtering of the IF
bandpass.

As to the ID, MCW should suffice.  I don't see any requirement that you must ID
in the mode your delivering.  Otherwise you'd be required to have a voice ID
for a FM voice repeater and not CW.

I hope no one minds this thread.  I'm finding it fun and a good discussion of
the merits/problems with doing something a little different.

73 Rod