Repeaters are like...

A clean auto windsheild:
If you have one the bugs (problem operators) will come looking
for (find) you if you leave it out in the open.

A bug light zapper:
People will often locate a repeater by following the flashing
lights or whiz-bang sounds. Upon arrival they will quickly
learn to love or hate what they find. Much of the time it's
pretty messy...

A boat named Titanic:
Sure is pretty while she sails but you'd really like to avoid
being in the boiler room with a coal shovel in your hand.

A 17 year old car:
Always needs some expensive parts and you pray nothing will jump
out in front of you because the brakes are not so good.

Ratatouille:
The obvious problems don't prevent even the determined rat
from being a great chef.

cheers,
s.