Nate,

Totally aggree with you. HAAT, true HAAT, is the real factor.  Coverage of a
repeater is determined by HAAT.

I've been told by a repeater owner and users a repeater is say 850 ft high.
Turns out they were giving referenced to ASL and the ground ASL was 800 ft, hi.
 Kinda down the same lines as one stating when they are monitoring a repeater a
user will turn their beam in the direction of a users location.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Nate Duehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2007/08/30 Thu AM 03:44:32 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Repeater Range : Estimate Program Available

>On Aug 30, 2007, at 1:20 AM, MCH wrote:
>
>> Height = elevation AMSL of the antenna, HAAT, or AGL (which would make
>> no sense)?
>
>I assumed HAAT for my calculations and that number seemed to be the
>most sane, after trying a few.  But I think the resulting number is
>generous for a badly-built repeater, and too small for a well-built one.
>
>--
>Nate Duehr, WY0X
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ron Wright, N9EE